At the risk of sounding whiny, I am going to make a list. It’s really only for my benefit, as I haven’t actually compiled this list outside of my own head yet.
This is what’s happened in my life since May 2010:
- Moved across town (<5 miles)
- Started a car sharing consulting business
- Got engaged to Ben
- Ben went away to work on a cruise ships and touring shows
- I quit my job at PhillyCarShare
- Moved from Philadelphia to Orlando, FL (approximately 1,000 miles)
- Moved back to Philadelphia from Orlando
- Found a new job in Philly
- Got married to Ben
- Was offered a job in Toronto; quit job in Philly
- We found out we are having a baby
- Moved from Philadelphia to Toronto (approximately 500 miles)
It’s a bit much, wouldn’t you say? I think I’m ready to relax…I suppose I can for about six or seven more months…
Although getting pregnant was something we were thinking about probably moving forward with at some point, we certainly were not planning on it happening right this freaking second. I suppose it’s fitting that it’s one of twelve Big Things that happened this past year, then.
Being away from home (that would be Philadelphia) for the foreseeable future is going to be doubly hard; having a new baby without my friends near me is not something I’m particularly looking forward to. Hence, my plea: if you are on Skype, please please find me and add me as a contact. I’m “missmintyfresh”, and I want to talk to you.
The big changes have made me eternally grateful for three constants though. They are:
It’s not too hard to imagine adding a fifth critter to our little family.
Love from the freaking frozen North (seriously, WTH)?